And they said unto me, The remnant that are left of the captivity there in the province [are] in great affliction and reproach: the wall of Jerusalem also [is] broken down, and the gates thereof are burned with fire.
If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?
- The joy of the Lord is to be our strength (Neh. 8:10). But Christians aren't joyful. On the contrary, they are often discouraged and giving up. They are damaged emotionally, and as a result, physically and spiritually as well.
- The doctrine of Holiness and Bible separation are forgotten in the average church as well. We are to come out from the world and be separate unto God in our actions, attitudes and motives, yet too often, we look more like the world than Christ's Church! And
- Even the wall of the preaching of the true and genuine gospel has been broken down and forsaken in the church of 2008. Instead of preaching that we've all sinned and need to repent, we are telling people to just try and do better and get a better self-image. While it's true that we need a new vision of who we are in Christ, the average person is no longer willing to admit their utter helplessness and hopelessness w/o Christ, which is necessary for salvation.
As for the Psalmist's day, it was a time when the basic fabric of what had made Israel great was coming unraveled. The very foundations upon which their society was built was crumbling. Saul was trying to end David's kingdom before it began. He was spreading rumors, plotting against David, and forsaking the true and living God to consult with witches. Is it any different today?
- As in David's time, the foundation of truth is being undermined! The idea of Absolute Truth in general, much less that the Bible is Absolute Truth is scoffed at. This is no coincidence when it is the truth which sets us free!
- Again, as in David's time, the foundation of the sanctity of human life is being undermined. We've now murdered over 40 million in the womb. We're debating euthanasia and mercy killing of the elderly, feeble and sick. Is it any wonder that there is no regard for human life in the home with physical and sexual abuse, at school with school shootings, and in the work force with work place violence, robbery and the like? GOD HELP US!!!
- Finally, as in David's time, the foundation of true religion and faith in God is being undermined. History is being rewritten. Our founding fathers were mostly Christians, who wrote our Constitution and Declaration of Independence on Biblical and Christian principles. Yet, we are being told by the ACLU and Liberal elites that they were mostly Deists, which believed in a supreme being which had no dealings with mankind. While it is true that Benjamin Franklin was a deist, most were Bible-believing Christians. They founded a Christian nation and according to one founding father, "staked their survival on their ability to follow the 10 commandments with all their heart." But these very Commandments are being taken down and disregarded in the name of "Separation of Church and State." CAN'T YOU SEE THE FOUNDATIONS BEING DESTROYED RIGHT OUT FROM UNDER US?
So what can the righteous do?
1. Declare the Truth. Truth isn't to be defended and debated as much as it is to be declared! Truth stands alone in itself. So declare that Jesus is the only way to Heaven (John 14:6)! Declare that the Bible is Absolute Truth (John 17:17; Psalm 119:89)! Declare that there is no other name except Jesus, whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12)! Declare the Truth and stand on it!
2. Live the Truth. Love the Lord you God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. And Love your neighbor as yourself. Fulfill the Great Commission. Live in light of Christ's Imminent Return.
3. Preach the Truth. Speak the truth IN LOVE! Lovingly, take a stand for what is right! And Finally,
4. Pray and Expect God to Answer. God still says, "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways: then will I hear from Heaven, will forgive their sin and heal their land." GOD WANTS TO USE US TO REBUILD THE WALLS AND REPAIR THE FOUNDATIONS!
This week, please come to Camp Meeting and be encouraged and strengthened as we fight the good fight of faith! GOD BLESS YOU!!!