Wednesday, March 10, 2010

There's no place like home!


Only got 20 more minutes here, so, I'll make it quick. I'm in London's Heathrow Airport awaiting my flight back to the states. Yesterday, I had a day to myself just to relax, study God's Word and get caught up on some reading. I reflected on the day before and all that God had shown me in the Garden of Gethsemane, Calvary and the Garden Tomb. In case you don't know there is debate as to where Jesus was actually crucified. The Catholics say it was at one place, and as they do erected a shrine on top. I felt nothing but a contrary spirit as I looked at the idol worship in that place...no offense intended. The British, on the other hand about 100 years ago spotted a place to the north of the Temple Mount that looked light Golgotha (the place of the Skull). Very close by, they found a Garden tomb, which dated back about 2,000 yrs and obviously belonged to a wealthy man. They don't claim that it is THE spot, but the biblical facts do support that it very well could be it. The Scriptures say that the things of Scripture are Spiritually discerned, and not understood by the natural mind. All I can tell you is what I felt!

In the one place, I felt dirty and like there was nothing but idol worship going on. At Calvary, I felt the Holy Spirit from the moment I went inside the park. I wept like I hadn't in years, as I looked at the skull in the side of the mountain. I could imagine the Lamb of God being slain from the foundation of the world on that very hillside. I then went into the Garden Tomb. Of course, it's empty! The sign erected on the door as you leave states boldly, "He is not here. He is risen as He said!" HALLELUJAH! When I came out, I heard some people from Africa singing "He is Lord" in swahili or something. I wept again. If they hadn't had a remain quiet rule, I'd probably have taken off on an old fashioned running or shouting spell!

The main thing friends is not even where He was crucified and arose, but that He has been crucified and IS Risen! We serve a living Savior! Praise God! Rejoice in that fact today! See you Sunday! Now, I'm Going Home, b/c there's no place like it! See ya soon!

2 comments:

Bro. Craig said...

I got back from there March 2. AMAZING!!! Such an experience!

Christian Housewife said...

Loved it! Beautifully put. It is so true that when you really connect with Jesus's sacrifice it is all you can do to contain yourself....too bad we have to sometimes :) One day I hope to go there to have the same experience. Thanks for sharing!