Saturday, March 6, 2010

Psalm 27 in Light of En Gedi

Today we had another awesome day! God is so good! We started off by stopping for a camel ride and view of the Judean Wilderness, where Jesus was tempted and view of the ancient Jericho road, which would have been travelled by Jesus when he saved Zaccaeus! This was at an Arab Bedouin village. Again, this internet isn't working very well, so I probably won't be able to upload any more pics until I get back to the states, sorry :-(

After this stop, we went to Qumran, the site of the ancient Essenes Village and discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls! These scrolls were discovered in 1947 and translated during the 60's. The authenticate the Bible both Old and New Testament! The Book is True!

After this we went to En Gedi. En Gedi is the site where David hid from King Saul. To kind of describe it for you, it is mostly barren wilderness with rocks and caves in the side of Rock Cliffs. Out of one of the caves flows a spring. Later on in life, David would write Psalm 27, and no doubt he recalled his time at En Gedi. Try and imagine the scene with me for a minute, while you read these verses:

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes they stumbled and fell. (Having seen this place, they no doubt would have.) Though an army may encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war may rise against me, in this I will be confident. One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple. For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavillion (There are many natural pavillions made out of rocks and boulders.), in the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock (Lots of high places in the rocks.). - Psalm 27:1-5"

This Land just makes the Scriptures come alive! I can't wait to get back and share with you messages backed up with the pictures! Tomorrow, we will be going to the temple mount, the Pool of Bethesda, the Via Dolorosa (Way of Suffering/road to Calvary), Old City of Jerusalem for Lunch/shopping, the Southern Steps of the Temple (Jesus would have walked on these steps.)Bethlehem, Shepherd's Fields, Rachel's Tomb, and after supper be going to the tunnel under the Western Wall where the Holy of Holies would have been! If you can't tell, I'm excited! I'm about to shout or cry one just thinking about it! Pray that Jesus will show up and show out in my life tomorrow! You can just feel the presence of the Lord in this place!

To all PCBC people, be sure and pack the house out tomorrow for Bro. John! May God grant you a time of refreshing from His presence as He has me here! God Bless!

No comments: