Tuesday, August 18, 2009

MY GOOD THING!!!


Pro 18:22 [Whoso] findeth a wife findeth a good [thing], and obtaineth favour of the LORD.

Well, let's see, we dated for 1 year before getting married and as of today, we have been married for 9 years. So, we've been together for a decade! As I look back over the last 10 years, I wonder where the time has gone. Where has the time gone these last 9 that we've been married? It just seems like yesterday that we were living in that little house on Church Street (imagine that :-D) in Watertown, TN. I still remember those bugs crawling out of our first Christmas tree and Jenny calling me all distraught. We had only had this live tree for a few days and there we were hauling it off to the dump. Seems bugs had hatched inside the house. Then we had the trauma of leaving (well I left it) a big 3 wick candle on top of a gas furnace. Bad Move! It melted ran down in the furnace and caught fire. Luckily our neighbor, who was also our landlord had a fire extinguisher! ;-p

Those were the days! We can look back on it now and laugh, but we also must be thankful that God saw us through those trying times. I've buried my Grandmother; we've moved 3 times; saw my dad go through a stroke and heart disease; had 2 boys of our own; suffered a miscarriage in between the 2 boys; and put nearly 1/2 million miles on 4 vehicles since then! But through it all we've (I've) been blessed!

Yes, today I celebrate the goodness of God to me! God blessed me by answering my prayer 10 yrs. ago and sending me a wife. And in my opinion, he sent me the best. Jenny truly is the best Wife, Mommy and Friend ever! She is my good thing, and I look forward to the next decade with her at Parkers Creek! THANKS FOR INDULGING ME THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG!!! GOD BLESS!

"Husbands love your wives, even as Christ also loved the Church and gave Himself for her." - Ephesians 5:25

No comments: