Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Gospel Still Works!


Last night, I got home from preaching a revival meeting at the College Heights Baptist Church in Eldorado, Illinois for Pastor David Colvin. I jokingly told people to pray for this unreconstructed southerner going to the Land of Lincoln. But all joking aside, I had full confidence in God and the power of the Gospel as I went. Possibly the Greatest Christian who ever lived was the Apostle Paul. He said this in Romans 1:16, "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek."

The Good News of Christ's death, burial and resurrection is still the powerful message that God uses to bring people unto Himself! Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. That message can and does change people's lives! Whenever it goes forth, it plants and waters; and God uses it to bring the Harvest!

The last several weeks, we were focusing on the Armor of God for the Christian. Christ told us to have our feet shod with the preparation of the Gospel of peace. As we go forth sharing the Good News that Christ died to save sinners, God will use it anywhere. As I was returning from Eldorado last night, my heart was rejoicing to know that the Gospel works anywhere! Ten souls were added to the Kingdom of Heaven in Eldorado this week. Three were added the night of Bro. David's ordination! Is it any wonder that it is referred to as the Glorious Gospel!?! It is so awesome to think that the God of glory so loved us sinful, stubborn and self-willed people that He would send His Son to die in our place on the cross!

The only reasonable thing to do in light of our sinfulness, the reality of Heaven and Hell, and the offer of a free gift of eternal life is to surrender to Christ and His Lordship! I'm so happy that I surrendered to Him when I was 6 yrs. old, and now He is using me to help water the seed and see the Harvest reaped before the end comes! May you make yourself available to Christ to share His Good News! As you do, you will be filled to overflowing with Christ's abundant life! God Bless You!

No comments: